Many of us spend money on buying expensive furniture for our homes. But when it comes to speaker stands, we this urge to spend doesn’t really manifest itself in the same way it would if we were buying something like a computer stand.
A speaker stand is not just a piece of furniture; it is something that can improve the sound quality of your speaker. Not only that, but it also ensures that your speakers stay above floor level – away from anything that can harm it (accidental kicks, water damage, etc.). If you own speakers, it is essential to have speaker stand in your house.
Don’t worry; we are not encouraging you to buy a new one. In fact, we’re going to talk to you about some DIY speaker stands that you can build at home. You can even use the money you save to improve your speaker system.
Let’s have a look at our awesome DIY speaker stand ideas!
- Bookshelf Speaker Stand – The Ultimate IKEA Hack
- Desktop Speaker Stand – The Cheapest Solution for Your Media Console
- Small Wooden Speaker Stand – Simple, Strong and Sturdy
- Plywood Speaker Stand – Basic but Bold
- Tripod Style Speaker Stand – Modern and Elegant
- Multifunctional Speaker Stand – Serves the Purpose of Two
- Classy Speaker Stand – Ideal for Retro Lovers
- PVC Speaker Stand – An Economical Choice
- Small Speaker Stand – Compact Yet Classy
- Two Column Speaker Stand – Ideal for Stereo Speakers
- Cinderblock Speaker Stand – For an Industrial Chic Appeal
- X-legged Speaker Stand – Add a Classy Look to Your Home
- Pallet Wood Speaker Stand – Simple Yet Sophisticated
- Wall Mounted Speaker Stand – The Best Addition to Your Home Décor
- Galvanized Pipe Speaker Stand – Rustic but Fantastic
- Solid Wood Speaker Stand with a Rack – Money Saver and Multifunctional
- Hair Pin Legs Speaker Stand – The Soft Touch
- Floating Speaker Stand – No More Stuffy Room
- Wooden Cube Speaker Stands – The Beauty of Nature
- Small Speaker Stand
- DIY PVC Soil Speaker Stand – The Budget Friendly
- Mini Speaker Stand Ideas – The Cute Hint On The Desk
- Artsy Speaker Stand Ideas
- Copper Speaker Stand – Add The Vintage Touch
- DIY Simple Speaker Stand
- Pallet Speaker Stand- Farmhouse Style For The Win
- Futuristic Dowels Speaker Stand
- Floating Speaker Stand in the Corner
- Multipurpose Bench Speaker Stand
- Wings-like Speaker Stand
- Movable Speaker Stand – The High Mobility Saver
Bookshelf Speaker Stand – The Ultimate IKEA Hack
Have you ever thought of using a bookshelf as your speaker stand? Well, this might be a great idea that can help you save a lot of money. This modern style speaker stand is classy and appealing.
This cost-effective speaker stand will add an extra oomph to your home’s interior.
To make this DIY bookshelf speaker stand, you’ll need:
- Besta Vara Drawer Front (2 of 60x26cm) and (6 of 60x16cm)
- Hand saw
- Electric drill machine
Now that you have the tools required, let’s build the thing!
- First, cut two large panels of the Drawer Front in half – they will function as the bottom and top of the speaker stand.
- In the second step, pre-drill holes on 3 small panels. Use two panels for the sides and one panel for the back of your speaker stand.
- Then, assemble those panels together to create leg support. Attach them with the four corners of the back panel into the sides of the other two panels by using screws.
- After that, drill three holes in the top and base, as well as the support.
- Then, place the top panel over the supports and screw it in place. Do the same for the base panel as well.
- Lastly, paint your speaker stand.
That’s how you get a modern-looking bookshelf speaker stand for your home décor.
See more DIY Computer Desk Ideas
Desktop Speaker Stand – The Cheapest Solution for Your Media Console
Looking for a cheap yet stylish desktop speaker stand? You have come to the right place!
Hint: Our DIY speaker stand technique is not only simple but it’s budget-friendly, too.
To build this desktop speaker stand, you’ll need:
- 2 wooden chopping boards (13×7)
- 4 adjustable steel legs
- Metal bracket
- Drill machine
- Adhesive glue
To build this DIY speaker stand, you need to first choose a side of the wooden chopping board. This board will be placed at the top of the stand. Then, flip it over.
In the next step, you have to line the legs up with the corner area of the chopping board. Then, use a marker or pencil to mark the position of holes.
After that, drill holes into the marked areas and fix the legs in place with screws.
Then, glue metal brackets to the bottom of the legs to give them support.
In the last step, just flip the stand back over to check whether the stand is stable.
This is how you achieve a perfect desktop speaker stand for your media console.
Tips: Always remember to measure your speakers first before beginning work on a speaker stand. This will help you avoid any unnecessary changes to your finished stand.
Small Wooden Speaker Stand – Simple, Strong and Sturdy
Would you be willing to pay big money for a piece of furniture that does nothing but gives support to your speakers? Obviously, not. Instead, you can construct a cool and simple version on your own – this will save your hard-earned money and will give a great look to your work station or workout room.
To construct this DIY speaker stand, you’ll need:
- 2 Plant stands
- Cinder block
Now, let’s move onto the DIY technique:
- The first step is to buy 2 plant stands of similar shape and size. These sturdy plant stands will be easily available at your local hardware shop.
- Then, buy 2 cinder blocks and place them on your plant stands. For this, it’s imperative that the cinder blocks are smaller in length and width than the top of the plant stand. This will decrease the chances of the cinder blocks falling off the stand.
- Cinder blocks aren’t the most attractive things, so make sure to paint them to make them look more appealing.
- After that, apply a sealer on the cinder blocks just to give them a finishing look.
- Lastly, place your speakers on top of the cinder blocks and enjoy the music!
Warning: Cinder blocks are quite heavy! Always make sure that whatever you place them on must be capable enough to support its weight. This is why it’s super important to choose a stand that is stable and made from solid wood.
Plywood Speaker Stand – Basic but Bold
This unique plywood speaker stand will make your music streaming experience enjoyable and fun. How? The perfect height of this stand will allow you to place your speakers at a level where the sound seems crisp and clean. If your speakers are high-quality, you’ll be able to hear all the notes (bass and treble) and have a great audio experience.
For this DIY, you’ll need:
- Circular Saw
- Miter saw
- Cordless Drill
This technique requires a lot of material and effort, but it’s worth trying if you want a unique speaker stand for your media console.
If you don’t want to miss out on any single beat of your favorite music, then follow this DIY technique:
- First, you need to attach the boards face-to-face with glue. Clamp and let them dry.
- After that, sand the edges of the board to make it look smoother.
- Then, cut two pieces of plywood with a saw for the top and bottom of the speaker stand. Make sure to cut it according to the size of your speakers.
- In the next step, map out the angle of the speaker stand’s legs on a scrap piece of plywood.
- Cut the legs according to the height you want for the base of speakers.
- Then, drill holes into the top and bottom base of plywood.
- Attach the legs with screws in a way that gives the stand an angled, slanting look.
- In the end, use a wood stain and a primer to give it an appealing look.
And there you have it! A trendy and unique speaker stand for your home décor.
Tripod Style Speaker Stand – Modern and Elegant
This minimalist speaker stand is best suited for space where you can display modern décor.
It’s easily adjustable in small spaces, too, which is why it can be a great addition to your media console. You can literally place it anywhere you like!
To build this masterpiece, you’ll need a thick wooden plank, iron rod legs, metal brackets, adhesive glue, a drill machine, and some screws.
- First, cut the wooden plank into a square shape and sand it to make it look smooth.
- In the second step, drill three holes into the plank and 1 hole in the top of each leg.
- After that, attach the legs in a way that gives the stand the appeal of a tripod. Use screws to attach the legs to the plank.
- Then, attach metal brackets at the bottom of each leg with adhesive glue.
- Lastly, paint the legs to give your speaker stand a finished look.
If you follow the instructions carefully, you’ll have a modern, elegant tripod speaker stand that you can proudly place your speakers on.
Multifunctional Speaker Stand – Serves the Purpose of Two
We all know that perfect speaker height is ideal for the good sound quality of speakers.
The question is, how do you choose that perfect height? Well, the answer is simple. You can achieve it by keeping the speaker at a level where you think it will provide you with great sound quality.
Let’s move on to the material that you’ll need to build this wonderful multifunctional DIY speaker stand.
- 3 wooden slabs
- 2 wooden boards (thick)
- A saw
- Wood sander machine
- Adhesive glue
- Wood stainer
To construct this useful speaker stand, follow these steps properly:
- In the first step, shape the wooden slabs and boards with a saw. Remember that the length of the wooden slabs must be bigger than the wooden boards.
- In the next step, and all the boards for a smoother look.
- After that, assemble these wooden slabs together with glue. Two slabs will be on each side, and one will be at the back.
- Attach the top and bottom of the stand with glue.
- Finally, color your speaker stand with a wood stainer. To seal the paint, use a primer that will also give it an extra shine.
Classy Speaker Stand – Ideal for Retro Lovers
If you are someone who loves to add retro vibes to their house décor, this DIY speaker stand is the right choice for you.
A classic music system setup is definitely not complete without vinyl. This retro speaker is making a comeback rapidly. So, if you want to make it a part of your home décor, you’ll need a classy speaker stand to make it look elegant.
For this DIY speaker stand, you’ll need:
- A large solid wood plank
- Wood sander
- Drill machine
- Wood stain (preferably in Red Oak color)
- Wood polish
To construct this retro speaker stand, follow these steps:
- First, you need to cut this wooden plank into two square pieces.
- Then, cut small two small legs from the scrap piece of plank.
- After that, drill holes in the wooden planks and legs.
- Now, fix them together with screws. Take the two squares you cut out earlier and fix them to the legs – one at the top, one on the bottom.
- The next step is to paint the stand with a wood stain. Choose a color that will give your speaker stand a classic retro vibe.
- In the last step, polish the stand with a primer to give your speaker stand the shine it needs to stand out.
This speaker stand will be the perfect piece of furniture on which to place your vinyl.
PVC Speaker Stand – An Economical Choice
Did anyone say PVC pipes?
PVC is so versatile that it can also be used to build a speaker stand. Yes, you heard that right. These pipes don’t need to be limited to your plumbing, they can also become an exclusive part of your home décor.
To build this DIY speaker stand, you’ll need:
- PVC pipe
- Two pieces of birch plywood
- Spray Paint
- Wood Stain
To build this sort of speaker stand, you’ll need to follow these steps:
- First, buy a PVC pipe and two pieces of birch plywood.
- Now, spray paint the PVC pipe to change its look.
- Then, use a good quality adhesive glue to attach the PVC pipe to the bottom piece of plywood.
- After that, fill a good amount of sand in your PVC pipe to make it stable and heavy.
- Then, attach the other piece of plywood on the top of the PVC pipe with glue.
- In the last step, use a wood stainer and primer to give the top and bottom of your speaker stand a finishing touch.
Small Speaker Stand – Compact Yet Classy
This small and wired speaker stand is best suited for smaller spaces and speakers. The good thing about this stand is that it’s compact and easy to construct.
To make this small speaker stand, you need 4 wired legs (hairpin style), a piece of a wooden plank, welding torch, drill machine, metal brackets, paint, and some screws.
First, you need to drill holes in the wooden plank and attach the metal brackets with screws on all four corners.
Then, weld the wired legs to the metal brackets.
Lastly, paint your speaker stand with a stain of your personal choice.
Hint: That’s how you build a small and classy speaker stand easily.
Two Column Speaker Stand – Ideal for Stereo Speakers
Are you looking for a trendy speaker stand for your stereo speaker? Well, look no further. This twin style DIY speaker stand technique is your answer.
This super creative stand is completely made of wood and will give your living room a more rustic appeal.
For this DIY technique, you’ll need:
- 2 (2×6) wooden boards
- 2 wooden planks
- Wood stain
All these things are easily available at any local hardware shop. To build this stand, you first need to attach the wooden boards to the base (bottom wooden plank) of the speaker stand. Do this with a nail and a hammer.
After that, attach the top (wooden plank) to these twin wooden boards. And, for a finishing touch, use a stain to complete its rustic look.
Cinderblock Speaker Stand – For an Industrial Chic Appeal
This concrete chic speaker stand may seem hard to construct due to its complicated design, but this is by far the easiest DIY speaker stand technique you can try.
To make this strong and sturdy speaker stand, you need only three things:
- Cinder blocks (use 5 for better height)
- Cement mortar
In the first step, you need to buy cinderblocks from the hardware store. You can even purchase secondhand concrete blocks, but check to see that they are in a reusable condition. Then, buy a cement mortar to bind the blocks.
In the second step, place one cinderblock and use cement mortar over the top. Then place another cinderblock and again use the cement mortar. Repeat the same steps until you are done with placing all the blocks.
In the last step, paint your cinderblock tower to give it a nice look.
Now, you can place your speakers on your brand new industrial chic speaker stand and enjoy your music with style.
X-legged Speaker Stand – Add a Classy Look to Your Home
The construction of this modern piece of furniture is not that hard; it only requires a little bit of effort and dedication.
To achieve this classy furniture, you’ll need:
- Wood pieces
- Drill machine
- Metal brackets
Follow these DIY steps carefully to achieve a perfect looking X-legged speaker stand.
- First, you need to buy a few pieces of wood, screw, and polyurethane.
- After that, cut the wooden pieces in the shape of the legs.
- Then, drill small holes into the legs so that they get easily attached to the top console.
- Attach metal brackets to the bottom of the top console
- After that, assemble the legs in the form of an X and attach them to the top console with screws.
- Lastly, paint your speaker stand and prime it with polyurethane.
There you have it; a chic and modern style speaker stand for your home’s interior.
Tip: Before crafting this DIY speaker stand, measure the area and space of your room to maximize the space that your speaker stand can take up.
Pallet Wood Speaker Stand – Simple Yet Sophisticated
Wooden crates can also be utilized as furniture for your home’s interior.
A speaker stand is the most important part of a media console, yet not many people focus on it. You can make your own with our pallet wood speaker stand DIY technique.
To build this simple stand, you’ll need a few wooden crates (apple crates can work well), a few screws and a hammer.
The best thing about this speaker stand is that it can be built in less than an hour.
This speaker stand requires a little more space than others on this list, which is why you need to place it in a room that’s designed as a media center. This gorgeous looking piece of furniture will add a sophisticated appeal to your house media center.
Wall Mounted Speaker Stand – The Best Addition to Your Home Décor
This super affordable and convenient speaker stand is a space saver, which is why it is very popular in modern-style houses. It can be placed even in closed and small spaces.
In this DIY technique, you will need:
- Wooden plank
- Metal bracket
- Drill Machine
- Metal wire
To build this speaker stand, you need to be a little creative. You don’t have to worry about the availability of the required tools and material, as those mentioned above are easily available at your local DIY shops.
With this adorable wall-mounted speaker stand, you will be able to maintain a good ear level with your speaker – resulting in a sound that is of good quality. After installing this DIY stand, you’ll need to make sure that your speakers are dirt and dust-free. Otherwise, they’ll lose their quality of sound.
Galvanized Pipe Speaker Stand – Rustic but Fantastic
This rustic style speaker stand will look amazing as a part of your home’s interior. The galvanized pipes will act as a strong foundation for this DIY speaker stand technique.
This DIY technique is easy to construct; you’ll just need:
- 3 wooden planks
- Galvanized pipes
- Drill machine
You can divide this speaker stand into two sections, where you can keep each speaker on one side. If you own a single speaker (like a Bluetooth speaker), you can use the other section to keep your CDs, USB, cable wire, phone, etc.
In this technique, the hardwood planks are drilled at the corners. Then, they are fixed with galvanized pipes. This gives an amazing appeal to your overall speaker stand design.
Tip: You can even use secondhand galvanized pipes if they are in a reusable condition.
Solid Wood Speaker Stand with a Rack – Money Saver and Multifunctional
Nowadays, multifunctional furniture is trending everywhere. This is because this type of furniture saves space and money. You can use it in a way you like, according to your furniture requirements and placement.
The good thing about this speaker stand is that it serves two different functions. It can be used as a speaker stand and as a rack. How cool is that?
You can use the rack to place your CDs, books, gaming consoles, etc. or you can place two or three speakers on this DIY speaker stand.
To build this multifunctional speaker stand, you just need a large piece of wood (preferably a wooden plank), a drill machine, a few screws, and a hammer.
This DIY technique is easy to make and is less time-consuming.
To make it look nicer, use wood polish and primer. Also, make sure to place this speaker stand near the wall to give it strength and support to stand up properly.
Hair Pin Legs Speaker Stand – The Soft Touch
Bring in the minimalist style to your room through this hairpin legs speaker stand.
Sharpen your skills by building it by yourself.
What you will need:
- Project panel
- Three-legs hairpin leg
Note: Be very careful in your measurement and marking. The precision will determine the stability of your speaker’s stand.
Floating Speaker Stand – No More Stuffy Room
A floating speaker stand must be the best option for those who have to deal with limited space.
Besides, this kind of speaker stand helps you avoid the stuffy room as well.
- IKEA brackets x4
- Panel project
- Non-slip drawer liner
- Masking tape
- Spray paint.
Follow the instruction on how to make a DIY speaker stand here.
Wooden Cube Speaker Stands – The Beauty of Nature
Decorate your studio with this straightforward speaker stand, which worth making.
It is made out of a log. Opt the big ones. You shouldn’t work hard to make it works. Measure the log as you needed, then cut the edges of the wood.
Sand it down to create a soft surface, which easier to stain. Besides, the soft surface creates a perfect finishing.
Small Speaker Stand
Get rid of a boring look in your room with the common speaker stand. Upgrade your creativity by making an uncommon speaker stand.
What you will need:
- Wooden board
- Spray paint (dark walnut)
This project doesn’t require any certain skills. So, for those who are a newbie on woodworking can make it for sure.
DIY PVC Soil Speaker Stand – The Budget Friendly
There is nothing to worry about when you are on a budget, and your speakers need something to stand.
Bring back the PVC on your shed and upcycle it into the speaker’s stand.
- PVC soil pipe
- Stainless steel thread rod
- Stainless steel nuts & washers
- Blu Tack
- Speaker spikes
Follow the steps here.
Mini Speaker Stand Ideas – The Cute Hint On The Desk
Don’t let your speaker stand on the boring speaker stand. You can even use the mini speaker stands. It helps your speaker standing on your desk stylishly.
It is constructed out of solid metal to reduce vibration.
Measure the metal according to your speaker’s size. Create a hole in the middle of the holder. Then cut the base. Fold upward a little bit approximately 30 degrees of slope.
Artsy Speaker Stand Ideas
I bet it would be the best focal point in your room adorably.
It is made out of the striped maple wood, which exposes the beauty of the wood texture and wood color.
On the other side, the sound reflector works to create a great sound. Plus, it also works to make the speaker stand looks on point.
Copper Speaker Stand – Add The Vintage Touch
Add the vintage touch in your house by attaching the copper speaker stand. Recycle the copper pipes that available in your shed. Then turn it into the vintage style speaker stand.
What you will need:
- Copper plumbing pipe
- 90-degree corner pieces
- Pipe cutter
First of all, you have to make sure the size you will use. Then, cut the plumbing pipe. Assemble the plumbers using the connectors. Lastly, put the speaker on.
DIY Simple Speaker Stand
Utilize your leisure time, making something cool for your speaker. This simple speaker stand is really easy to make. You can even make it within minutes.
Measure the wooden board, and cut it that fit the speaker.
You will need the leg, the base, and the back part of the speaker stand.
Assemble the boards into what shown in the picture above, then screw them.
Pallet Speaker Stand- Farmhouse Style For The Win
Recycling the unused pallet must be a good idea to bring in the farmhouse style inexpensively. This speaker stand also works to put your magazines.
Attach the legs on each corner under the pallet speaker stand. It helps you to move it easily. Also, keeping the natural color of the wood must be a great decision for the sake of a farmhouse vibe.
Futuristic Dowels Speaker Stand
Take this futuristic speaker stand to your house to accentuate the elegant and futuristic vibe.
The white rounded speaker is perfect together with the dowel-legs. It doesn’t only create a futuristic look. Yet, it also creates a retro look at the same time.
You shouldn’t paint the dowels since the wood color melts perfectly with the white speaker.
Floating Speaker Stand in the Corner
Here is another smart way to deal with the not-so-spacious room. Maximize the available space in your room, like the corner of the room, must be a good idea.
You can attach the wooden board, and mount it on the corner of the room. It is made out of the thin and the thick wooden board. This kind of speaker stand will be a good hint in your room.
Multipurpose Bench Speaker Stand
There is no reason not to place this kind of speaker stand in your room.
This large walnut desk is made out of powered coated steel, solid hardwood, and felt. It is sturdy enough to place your speakers.
The dark color of the speaker stand will be a good spot in your room. You can also put a potted plant or any other decorative piece for a better look.
Wings-like Speaker Stand
Attach the speaker stands on the sides of your storage, which good for saving space.
It is good for your small speaker.
Measure and mark on the storage where you will attach the speaker stands. Then cut the plywood that enough for the speaker.
Sand them down, polish, and let them dry. Attach them on the storage, then drill screws into the storage.
Movable Speaker Stand – The High Mobility Saver
The movable speaker stand must be the most wanted item in your house. It doesn’t only simplify your activities, which need this speaker. You can also make it larger so that you can store some stuff in.
- Wooden board
You need to cut the wooden board, then assemble and drill screw them. The last, attach the wheels on each corner of the speaker stand.
With these DIY techniques, you can construct a completely unique and stylish speaker stand. Remember to choose the one that matches the color, size, and style of your speakers. Happy crafting!